Money for Madagascar seeks a country representative to be based in Antananarivo starting in July 2016. Applications are invited from individuals as well as from NGOs who are interested to deliver the services that Money for Madagascar requires.
Money for Madagascar is a British charity founded in 1986 to enable Malagasy people to reduce poverty and protect the environment through sustainable, community-led initiatives. Beneficiaries include: orphans, street children, and vulnerable teenaged girls, farmers in environmental hotspots and women’s cooperatives, in Central, Eastern and Western Madagascar. MfM seeks an experienced development agent with the dynamism and commitment needed to enable MfM to scale-up its work.
- As the Money for Madagascar Country Representative you will support and strengthen a network of Malagasy NGOs to help Malagasy people to climb out of poverty and restore Madagascar’s unique eco-system. You will do this by providing the following services:
- Representing MfM nationally for example on development and environmental forums, in order to create opportunities for new collaborations and to help MfM to respond to current needs and opportunities in Madagascar.
- Helping Money for Madagascar to demonstrate the impact of its work by supporting its partner NGOs with Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation. This will include providing Capacity-Building Training tailored to the needs of the NGOs.
- Helping Money for Madagascar to develop its programmes by supporting partners, networking and identifying new funding streams.
- Facilitating communication between Money for Madagascar’s UK Office and its Malagasy NGO partners.
This new role will start on a consultancy basis for an initial period of 12 months. Fees will be paid upon delivery of agreed outcomes. It is envisaged that this work will be extended and developed into a permanent role with Money for Madagascar. Remuneration package for 12 month contract 7,000 GBP to 9,000 GBP.
To find out more and to make an application please follow the link to our website below:
Applications to be submitted in English or French by 10th of April 2016. Interviews in Tana 17th & 18th May 2016.